Headed out to the trails? Please note HVP Plantations is actively logging this December.
Stay safe by reading the notice below and plan your ride accordingly.
PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE
Railway Plantation (Canning Park Rd)
- A clearfall operation will be located on Canning Park Rd, Centre Rd and HVP internal roads.
- A thinning operation will be located on Scout Camp road.
- Short delays will be encountered on Canning Park Road and Centre road for safety when harvesting activities are close to the road.
- Scout Camp Road will be closed when harvesting and haulage operations are taking place on the road. Road closed signs will be erected by HVP at these times
Fingerpost Plantation (Fingerpost Rd)
- A clearfall operation will be located on Fingerpost Rd & Blackwood Rd and HVP internal roads.
- Short delays will be encountered on Fingerpost Rd for safety when harvesting activities are close to the road.
- Due care should be exercised on roads of the plantation, at road intersections and at points of truck access and egress from the plantation onto local roads. Please observe all safety signs.
· Residents / Recreational users are also advised that log trucks will be using local roads, including Black Forest Rd, Canning Park Rd, Scout Camp, Fingerpost Rd & Blackwood Rd.
- Harvesting and delivery contractors have been instructed to do their best to minimise, as far as is practical, the impacts on local residents.
- Minor road works will be carried out over Oct - Nov 2016 which include branch trimming internal roads, re-sheeting shire & HVP internal roads where required, installation culverts & loading.